Baby Talk V.12

Let's not talk about how big Bill is. Ok, we will. She will turn five in August and will start kindergarten soon after. There are so few things she mispronounces these days. It makes me kinda sad and also so proud. She was the cutest little girl but is the smartest big girl I know. 
Here are a few things she says these days that crack my heart up:
crack my heart up -  break my heart. She uses this expression when she is either very happy or very sad. 
constructions: meaning 'instructions'.
aminals: animals. I will cry when she corrects this one. 
poodle: Pluto. Mickey's pet dog.
callapitter: caterpiller (not going to lie- I had to google what the real word was.)
message: a letter. Oh, technology. 

Bud has a few of her own special words these days too.
- "dee dee dee" This one took me a while to figure out but I did. It is in reference to princesses and dancing like a princess. Then one day earlier this week my sister was dancing with Rosie and actually sang "dee dee dee". We both laughed so hard when we realized Rosie learned it from her.
- crackie: a graham cracker.
- dadoo: a donut 
- shake-a shake-a: yogurt (realizing a lot of these are food related)
- pee pee pee: as in "please please please" aka begging. Thanks for teaching her that one big sister.

This has to be one of my favorite stages. I love figuring out their own special languages. 

No comments:

Post a Comment