New Years

This year my dear friend Gigi made a traditional southern new years meal for us.


The meal was made up of ham, collard greens, black eyed peas, cheddar cheese corn bread and a seven layer salad. Each food represents something for the new year: ham for health (oh, the irony), collard greens for pocket money, black eyed peas for saving money, corn bread for a plentiful harvest and salad was added for flavor. I ate as much as I could because I could definitely use some help in all those areas.

So here it is-
food & resolution:
ham + more yoga
greens/peas + earn more/spend less
corn bread + finishing projects*
salad + thoughtfulness**             
                                      

*My harvest is the projects I have already started. This is going to be a process because I have A LOT of loose ends to tie up, literally. To be more specific I have to finish two sweaters, one hat, one embroidery piece, four stuffed animals and three cell phone cozies. Also, I joined Project Restyle (which I am super excited about). You can find out more info from the link on the left.



**To add flavor to my life I am going to be more thoughtful about my decisions, goals and life in general. I feel like I am in a funk and want to more clearly define who I am and what I stand for.


Here's to a new year, new goals and new opportunities!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for blogging about my meal... How thoughtful of you!!! I really enjoyed making it for you and all the lesions i learned along the way!! :) lol

    ReplyDelete