MM // Perspective


It's funny how becoming a parent changes your perspective. 

On September 11th 2001 I was a Sophomore in High School. I was in math class when we heard about the attacks. My teacher's cell phone went off in the middle of class and we all started giving her trouble about it until we found out what was going on. The details have become a little fuzzy over the years but I remember standing in a small crowded class room watching live when the towers fell. 

A few weeks after the attacks my class was going on a trip to Washington DC and I was one of a few kids whose parents didn't let them go. I remember being very upset. I'm sure I threw one of those "Why are you doing this to me?!?!? My life is so unfair!!!" tantrums. And I thought my mom was over reacting.

Then I had a child of my own. Not only do I see my mother's intentions in a whole new light but I'm pretty sure I would have made the same decision. 


ps- sorry mom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment