Mommyhood Monday // Pregnancy Story part 2


Mommyhood Monday continues with part two of my pregnancy story. I'm realizing that I should have left a little bit of last weeks post for this part because of how much longer it was! Oh, well...
To read part one click here.

The following visit to the doctor's revealed that Lillian was frank breech. I really feel like it was a miracle that we found out. Because of the hospital visit I reschedule my next doctors appointment for the next available at my group office. I ended up seeing a registered nurse practioner whom I had never been to before. She was concerned by the events of the previous weekend and more concerned with my fundal height (measurement of my belly) because it was smaller then it should have been. Usually fundal height should corrilate with how many weeks you are. 36 inches = 36 weeks approximately. I was measuring small and the nurse was thinking that the doctors may have over estimated my due date (not what I wanted to hear). So she sent me to get an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed that my due date was correct but that Lilly was upside down. So small uterus size + frank breech baby = c-section. Like a dummy I went to the doctor's office alone which left me crying by myself in the room after the visit. 


At my baby shower. 
I was pretty depressed for a little bit. At times I still feel a little cheated, but I know His plans are best. When I finally picked myself up off the floor I scheduled Lillian's birthday for August 19. That part was a little exciting. Knowing exactly when it was going to happen was great. 

The last month of my pregnancy was pretty boring. What I failed to mention before is that due to these strange contractions I was put on, what I like to call, working bed rest. I could still work but had to sit for as much of the day as I could. This meant I spend all of my time at work answering phones and all of my time at home rolling around on an office chair. It was pretty ridiculous. Oh, how I wish I had entered the wonderful world of blogging back then. I'm pretty sure I spent most of my time watching "Baby Story" on discovery health. 

Before I knew it August had rolled around. I was nervous/excited/scared/exhausted/elated all at the same time. The nursery was finished, the bags were packed and we were ready to go. 

August 18, 2009

Birth story next week. ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment