Beach Getaway (Image Heavy)

This weekend we got a chance to get out of town and jumped on it! I have wanted to have a little family time and to go to the beach for a while now. It was perfect. 




















We spent lots of time resting and relaxing. We played on the beach a lot and ate a bunch of junk food. We found a sand dollar that was still alive! First living sand dollar I've ever encountered. We also saw some sting rays that my hubby practically chased through the water. If he wasn't fully dressed he probably would have dived in after them. It was a wonderful (and much needed) vacation.

Did you have a good weekend?

8 comments:

  1. How long have you lived in Florida? I used to catch them all the time in Fort Desoto (sp?) with my toes when I was a kid :-) We would bring a blow up raft with us out in the water so we could dump what we found on it and bring it home to bleach them out :-)

    Love the pictures
    they make me miss florida
    so happy you all had a mini vacation
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've lived in FL my whole life (minus a few years after HS)! That's why it's so crazy I've never seen one!

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful photos! The one with the shadow of you and Lilly is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing the beach fun...I live in FL and I never go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I constantly have to remind myself to go too! I will take the 45 minute trip to do lots of things but tell myself its "too long" when i think of the beach. pish posh!

      Delete
  3. That is exactly what I need. She's so adorable in that swim suit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a chance to get away and just relax with your fam =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, these are such fun pictures. You have such a cute family :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pictures are SO great! I'm looking forward to beach days with a little one. I have a TON of great beach gear - so we will have to try to get motivated and GO!

    ReplyDelete